Hot answers tagged

2

Actually I claim being the first one - about 30 years ago when I was a teenager I had the idea to cure my sinus infection by honey. Tried once, had similar burning result as you did, and an allergic reaction on top of it (heard of pollen allergy? - thats what honey is full of). Concluded as a failed experiment. From evolutionary perspective I do not see how ...


2

Assuming they're just plain glass (not leaded glass or painted) they should be fine as long as you remove all the wax and wash them thoroughly first. Plain glass is always food safe. In fact, it's so widely accepted as food safe that I can't find good sources saying so. Just make sure the washing is thorough using hot water and a strong detergent since ...


1

For nasty sinus infections, which are generally bacterial, "fighting the bacteria with lots of sugar" seems like a very bad idea to me. Viral sinusitis generally resolves within a few days - it's very difficult to demonstrate that any home remedy speeds up healing in such a short window. That said, honey has been demonstrated to be somewhat anesthetizing ...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible