Who is the appropriate Dr who can understand issue better and help accordingly?

  • 2
    Hi! Thank you for your post. May I ask who diagnosed the anus polyp? Or is it something you have self-diagnosed? Best regards. M. Arrowsmith Sep 23, 2016 at 11:45
  • @M.Arrowsmith: Once I diagnosed with one of the Surgen. But I wanted to confirm it and reverify it with expert
    – user123
    Sep 26, 2016 at 6:37
  • An analyst? ;-)
    – Sentinel
    Apr 23, 2018 at 22:08

2 Answers 2


Which medical specialist should be consulted for anal polyp?

A physician specialised in disorders of the colon, rectum and anus might be the person of choice.

This could be a proctologist (a physician specialised in proctology), or if this speciality is not recognised/available in your country, this could be a colorectal surgeon. In some cases (depending on the size of the anal polyp) a gastroenterologist can also handle anal polyps (through endoscopic removal).

I would suggest seeing the surgeon who diagnosed this anal polyp and discuss further management with him.


The answer depends on which country you are in, as well as location of where you live (rural vs city).

If you are going to a hospital, medical doctors specialized in surgery (general surgery) can help you with your problem.

  • 1
    I received two down votes for this answer. I would like to know why this answer is "appropriate". This answer was meant to start a discussion, as people live in different countries and have different health care systems. I live in Taiwan, which has a national healthcare system and although not completely "free", is subsidized compared to the health care system in the US. Patients can visit a teaching hospital, community hospital, as well as small clinics, but the doctor you would want to see should be specialized in General Surgery. In general surgery, there are other sub-specialties. Sep 28, 2016 at 5:20
  • 1
    Sub-specialties include hepato (liver), cardiothoracic (heart/lung), colorectal (gastrointestine related). The best physician would be one who is specialized in general surgery, and sub-specialized in colorectal procedures. Sep 28, 2016 at 5:24
  • Answers are not meant for starting discussions. Oct 8, 2016 at 10:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.