What are the most common diseases associated with low GGT - Gamma glutamyltransferase? Can you provide a short bullet point list?
According to this website (http://www.palpath.com/index.htm), which regroups a group of pathologists:
Following diseases/conditions can be associated with low GGT
- some cases of treatments to reduce high triglycerides also decrease the GGT.
- levels fall (but not necessarily below normal) after meals
- hypothalamic malfunction
- low levels of serum magnesium
They cite following sources, so possibly, these might give more details:
- Burtis CA & Ashwood ER, Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry, 3rd Edition, 1999.
- McKenna and Keffer, The Handbook of Clin. Path., 2nd Ed. (EBS's office)
- hepatic lab tests, Practice Guidelines, National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry (NACB), USA.