I started to notice that the gums around some of my teeth start to retract. Fortunately, this does not give me any discomforts and nothing looks like inflammation. But I suppose that ≈ 0.3mm - 0.5mm of exposed tooth isn't normal.
Can brushing my teeth to hard cause my gums to retract? Some info about me and my habits:
- I use a regular toothbrush. Not electric
- I often notice I'm brushing quite harsh and often have to pace myself
- Never had any dental problems in my life (I'm 24)
- The affected teeth are all on the 'corners'. I'm not a native English speaker so I hope you understand what I mean by this
- I smoke but never, apart from messing up my lungs, had any related health issues