When a patient comes into the office with what seems like an injury to the ligaments/tendons around the elbow, what are the "exercises" that the physician uses in order to identify or pinpoint the injured tissue structure?
What are these "exercises" called? What are the actual individual exercises/tests that are used called? What is the method of diagnosis using this type of method called?

e.g. I go into the doctor's office with an injury to the medial collateral ligament, so the physician has me apply pressure to his arms in certain directions/angles with my arms placed in certain positions in order to see which "exercise" triggers pain/discomfort or reveals weaknesses. There seemed to be around ~3-5 of them.

Please help me make this question better in any way possible.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.