I have had back pain, and related body pain, for the 7-8 years. I have seen a number of doctors and specialists, and have not been able to find any remedy or even treatment that relieves my pain.
My pain is as follows,
- constant mid to upper back pain (lower back generally fine)
- sharp pains in my chest, hurts to apply pressure to my sternum (no shortness of breath)
- pain is worst when sleeping – sleeping on my back is best, sleeping on stomach or side is impossible. This pain will last for the following day at least. I use some special pillows with moderate success.
- sharp/shooting pains in my hips and knee that come and go (predominantly right side)
I have tried the following over the past few years,
- seen several chiropractors, general practitioners, and a spinal surgeon for his opinion
- several x-rays of back/chest (nothing conclusive)
- several MRIs of back (nothing conclusive)
- been prescribed some medications to manage pain (and seen a physiatrist), none have been effective
- have ended up in ER once when hip pain prevented me from walking
- have taken serious strides to work on posture
- physical exercise (biking, running, weight training), including core strength workouts
- I am a 28 year old male, 6' 2" tall, 200 lbs.
- I work on a computer, however use a standing desk for the majority of the day (to combat the pain and work on posture, however it hasn't really helped over sitting).
- I live in NYC, walk everywhere, and am fairly active (somewhat regular exercise, recreational sports).
I am asking,
- what should I try next? I am open to any treatment or lifestyle change that will help. I am not interested in taking medication regularly.
I realize back pain causes and treatments are difficult to pinpoint, and everyone is different. I appreciate anyone that has any insight on where I can go from here!