Two weeks ago I broke my tibia in an accident. First I was taken to a hospital near the place where the accident happened, and the doctor gave me two options, either putting a plaster or inserting a rod(which he highly recommended). Due to some reasons, I had to choose the plaster.
The doctor at this first hospital gave me a prescription which contained the following tablets:
- Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D3 tablets
- Levofloxacin tablets (Levosel - 500)
- Pantoprazole (Pantosel 40)
- Diclofinac sodium with Paracetamol
The next day I went to another hospital in my home town, and they suggested removing the plaster to insert the rod. And so it was, I had a surgery to insert the rods.
The doctor at this hospital gave me a prescription which only contained the following tablets that I have been taking:
- Pantoprazole tablets(Pavonib-40)
- Cefixime dicloxacillin and lactic acid bacillus tablets (CEFIWOK XL -200 )
Although he did not see the medicine given to me in the other hospital when I asked what to do with it, he simply told me to not take any of the tablets prescribed in the first hospital.
Which brings me to my question:
Does calcium and/or vitamin D help in the healing of bone fractures?
Do antibiotics help in the healing of bone fractures?