I've heard that people use dry ice with drinks, but I'm wondering how safe that is. Since dry ice is carbon dioxide, isn't that dangerous?
Hi there, and welcome to health.SE! We like to have clearly asked questions here, maybe with a bit more information like background of the question too. For example, maybe you're preparing a punch bowl for a dinner, and want to add dry ice to it or perhaps you're just curious about swallowing a cube of dry ice (bad idea). I've edited it to say what I think you meant to ask. Feel free to roll back any changes or make some more. I'll try to answer this by today.– Dave LiuNov 23, 2015 at 20:16
I want to get answer because we having restaurant I want to put in to menu– user2146Nov 24, 2015 at 7:06
1The Chemistry Stackexchange has an answer on this one: chemistry.stackexchange.com/questions/788/…– YviDeNov 25, 2015 at 18:02
In addition to the extreme cold of dry ice when it warms and becomes a gas again it gains volume rapidly. If it is in your stomach you will inflate to fatal levels. There are many cases where this has happened. If you are drinking a beverage with dry ice in it make sure it has all evaporated (melted). It is used because of the 'cool' steam it gives of as it heats.
The volume increase with sublimation is the same as liquid nitrogen:
Hi and welcome. Please note that this is not the average SE site. Here, sources which support answers are required, even if the answer has some correct information; otherwise it's unsupported opinion; answers here need to be based on evidence. The site tour and help section will provide more information about the site, as will a quick look at the top voted answers and at meta. Again, welcome. Nov 26, 2015 at 2:43