Commonalities & Differences between these Scans for Knee Joint?
- MRI Scan Knee Joint
- MRI Scan Knee Arthrography
- MRI Scan Knee Joint Contrast (Fasting Reqd)
- MRI Scan Knee with Cartilage Mapping
(This is as listed in Radio Imaging Lab's options and similar but different words are being used online from whatever I read. More confused and less clear).
Direction on inquiry:
- Are some of them Super Sets of other on the list?
- What can each of them help show/ uncover from the knee structures & tissues and/or not?
- When would one be preferred over another and when might one escalate to the "greater/ finer" one of them?
Maybe someone can share some highlights
Link me to a good comparative article or study that can shed light on the above?
PS: My googling has not been able to give much clarity on the above
More reading and more confusion between these terms and wondering which are same or different.
- Arthrography | Arthrogram | Arthro-Scopy | Angiography |
Some articles mention MR with Athrogram as with Contrast dye injection