What, if any, global health organization coordinates global vaccine production?
It is in the global interest to produce qualified (safety / efficacy) COVID-19 vaccine doses as quick as possible to arrest and reverse the pandemic.
As I understand the matter:
- Global vaccine production capacity is finite
- Pfizer, Moderna, Astra-Zeneca vaccines require 2 doses: JNJ = 1dose
- Some vaccines do not have phase 3 trials (Sputnik)
- Operation Warp Speed coordinates a US effort
- Other Global vaccine producers include Cansino (CA-CN), J&J, Samsung Biologics (KR)
It would seem that there is an opportunity for production sites to coordinate with a single body to coordinate production to optimize safety/efficacy/speed in a global context.