0

It is well-known that when cooking, you should never raise the temperature of oil above its smoke point, since many toxins are produced after that point. However, seasoning of an ironcast pan requires you to apply a thin layer of oil to the pan, and raise the temperature above the smoke point. The idea is that most of this oil polymerizes, so you don't ingest it. But what about inhaling some of the smell/smoke that comes from the oil? Is that very toxic?

1
  • Welcome to Medical Sciences! Please take the tour and read the help center. For reasons mentioned in this post and in How to Ask, we require some degree of prior research when asking questions. See this list of helpful resources. Please help us to help you and edit your question to provide more information on what you have read on this subject, what made you ask this question, and any problems you are having understanding your research. If you found nothing, what did you Google? – Carey Gregory Oct 5 '20 at 23:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.