Autosensitization dermatitis and id reaction have different Wikipedia pages, but I can't understand the difference between them. Is there any, or are they synonymous?

When I asked on a translators' forum for a translation of "id reaction" into Russian, they answered "Кожная аутосенсибилизация" (cutaneous autosensitization), and the Russian Wiki article for that term has an interwiki link leading to English "Autosensitization dermatitis", so I'm a bit confused.

At least in one English paper they are mentioned as synonyms:

Autosensitization dermatitis, or id reaction, is a cutaneous phenomenon in which an acute secondary dermatitis develops at a location distant from a primary inflammatory focus.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.