An article from a pediatrician on NYT suggested this as a possibility, I'm keen to know if it could be done in an emergency/shortage situation. If so:
- What would the challenges be from a mechanical/electrical standpoint?
- Are there feedback/sensor issues that one would need to sort out?
- Are the pumps in the device sufficient if the workload increases 2x?
- Would there be constraints to their use in that configuration?
- For instance, would both patients need to be about the same size and equally sick?
For brevity let's assume licensing/legal/regulatory is a whole 'nother (probably bigger knowing the US health care system) problem to solve.