I have asked here the question convention about best terms to take 5 htp.
Questions like convention about best terms to take X for humans, might be too narrow, because, theoretically, as more possibly-therapeutic molecules are discovered, there could be an endless growth of questions like this. To me that's a problem and I didn't find the possible solution as described below.
When I searched a knowledge base containing administration guidelines on all possibly-therapeutic molecules known in earth (as medicines and/or nutritional supplements) I found only printed books aimed for physicians, edited and published by a given country's health ministry; but nothing standardized globally and available for free read if Wikipedia is taken out of the picture.
I thought; for example:
If there is the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD) as fa form of standardization,
There should be a similarly designed drug standardization.
There are sites like drugs.com or drugbank.ca but there is nothing globally standardized such as ICD for diseases.
A globally standardized drug database could include the following variables, for example:
- The drug is recognized in at least 1 country as Dietary supplement / Medicine / both
- Priming tests for sensitivity
- Priming tests for allergy
- Ethnic groups that are likely to have sensitivity and/or allergy
- BMI adjustment
- On label usages (per global recommend)
- Off label usages (per local recommend)
- Therapeutic dosages
- Best to be taken before meal / in the middle of the meal / after meal
- foods and dietary supplements that might interact
- medicines that might interact
- The drug is best to be taken at which time of day (for example, in general Melatonin is best to be taken at night for some elderly and for some of those suffering from Free Running Sleep Disorder (FRSD) as well.
- chance for dependency/addiction
- Possible ways of admittance
- Communal recommendation for admittance (if there is one)
- and so forth
Right now, the closest thing I found is individual sites as mentioned above or the drug categories in Wikipedia, but nothing standardized.
As ICD is a global standardization of diseases, is there a global standardization of drugs and if not, why?