I need some help with a novel I'm writing.

My character is a highly-experienced surgeon, working on a UK Accident and Emergency ward, who also trains those coming up through the ranks.

In a USA ER, as I understand it, a trauma surgeon would have a team of residents and interns beneath them who they train. The interns being complete newbies and residents having completed their internship.

What are the equivalent roles in a UK A&E?

Presumably, the titles aren't the same?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.