As per wikipedia these are the definitions:

A contusion, commonly known as a bruise, is a type of hematoma of tissue[1] in which capillaries and sometimes venules are damaged by trauma, allowing blood to seep, hemorrhage, or extravasate into the surrounding interstitial tissues. 1

A hematoma (US spelling) or haematoma (UK spelling) is a localized collection of blood outside the blood vessels, due to either disease or trauma including injury or surgery[1] and may involve blood continuing to seep from broken capillaries. 2

Bleeding, also known as hemorrhaging or haemorrhaging, is blood escaping from the circulatory system.3

So, is contusion a hematoma due to trauma? Is haemorrhage a technical term for bleeding (even simple ones)?

  • Welcome to HealthSE! Please expand a bit on your previous research and edit the question with the help of how to ask. Jan 1 '18 at 12:17

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.