I know that anamnesis is the process of asking potentially relevant questions for building a medical history of a patient. I think this involves:
- Getting to know past illnesses of the patient
- Getting to know which illnesses are in the patient's family
- Asking for previous medication
But once the doctor has the history, is there a word for the process of figuring out the symptoms why a patient visited the doctor in the first place?
I imagine that doctors check the following in this process:
- Does the patient have any pain? If so, at which location and how severe is it?
- Are there other inconveniences, such as:
- not getting enough air
- running nose
- pressure on the ear
- feeling dizzy
- feeling confused
(Reason for this question: I wanted to have a look if there are books on Amazon which help in this process for people from foreign countries. So people needing a doctor, but being unable to describe properly with words what is going on)