If your question is about...
- clinical guidelines
- disease prevention and management
- human physiology and pathophysiology
- diagnostic and prognostic methods
- public health
- medical research
... then this is the right place to ask.
Often asked questions that are off-topic include:
- medical advice for yourself or others
- questions about nutrition and diet that aren't directly connected to medical treatment
- any other personal advice
- interpretation of test results
- treatment recommendations
- second opinions.
If your question is a request for medical advice for you or others, it is off-topic and instead should be directed to a physician. Such questions will be closed here.
Questions that could be seen to be on-topic but are probably best suited elsewhere:
- questions regarding psychology, psychiatry or neurology (see Psychology.SE for that)
- fundamentals of biology or chemistry (see Biology.SE or Chemistry.SE for that)
- questions about physical fitness, athletic performance, and exercise (see Fitness.SE for that)
- questions about unreferenced claims, pseudoscience and biased results that are not specifically about medical science (see Skeptics.SE for that).
- questions about medical history (see HSM.SE or History.SE for that).
This site also requires questions to show a reasonable degree of prior research. Your question should, if possible, show what you found in your research that you don't understand or doesn't answer your question.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for MedicalSciences.SE, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.